Use PrintingForLess to quickly create custom business cards online!
- ADL - Advanced Distributed Learning initiative.
- AICC - Aviation Industry Computer-Based Training Committee
- DoD - Department of Defense
- IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- IMS - Instructional Management System Global Learning Consortium.
- LIP - Learner Information Package is a specification developed by IMS
- NSTC - National Science and Technology Council was established in 1993 and is chaired by the President.
- OSTP - Office of Science and Technology Policy was established by Congress in 1976. with the passage of the National
Science and Technology Policy, Organization, and Priorities Act of 1976 (Public
Law 94-282). The act calls for OSTP to "Serve as a source of scientific and
technological analysis and judgment for the President with respect to major
policies, plans, and programs of the Federal Government."
- PCAST - Presidentís Council of Advisors on Science and Technology was created by Executive Order September
30, 2001. The Director of the Office of Science and Technology Policy serves as the PCAST's Co-Chair
- Other Commonly Used Acronyms
- CAI - Computer Assisted Instruction
- CBT - Computer Based Training
- CMI - Computer Managed Instruction
- ILS - Integrated Learning Systems
- IMI - Interactive Multimedia Instruction
- LMS - Learning Management System
- TBL - Technology Based Learning
- TEL - Technology Enhanced Learning
- WBT - Web Based Training